Part Time Cycling Specialist
PART TIME CYCLING SPECIALIST
|REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER||CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY (≤ 25 HOURS/W)|
|LOCATION: NYC / Madison, NJ / Livingston, NJ||COMP RANGE: UNDISCLOSED|
Service with a smile. The Cycling Specialist is the front line and point person for our store and is the conduit for creating confidence in all riders who enter the store. Cycling Specialist’s work with riders, both present and remote, to identify and locate the goods and services needed to solve the riders’ problems and keep them riding longer and better. All cycling specialists are expected to maintain a professional attitude, with empathy, sincerity, and enthusiasm at the forefront of their personalities, thus reflecting store’s commitment to our rider. Additionally, all cycling specialists should be constantly developing product knowledge by completing all supplier training and pertinent B2B information to communicate it to the rider.
- Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking questions, and listening to riders’ needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the rider to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of the specialist, our suppliers, and the purchase
- Deliver best in class rider-service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of rider satisfaction
- Work with riders directly to determine their needs/identify their problems and subsequently recommend the right product or service
- Assist in ensuring that visual merchandising standards are met and maintained, restocking as needed
- the product presentation areas remain clean and organized
- Develop and cultivate strong buying relationships with riders
- General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light janitorial duty
- Staying current with promotional events and sales.
- Use company literature/resources and available training to stay current on product features
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching.
- The employee should be able to lift at least 20lbs or more and use proper lifting skills.
Here at Hilltop Bicycles, we believe that bikes change lives. We believe that we are changing the world, one bicycle and one rider at a time. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people more people on bikes. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you’re ready to make a difference, please apply!
Hilltop Bicycles is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hilltop Bicycles is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.