Part Time Service Technician
You Belong Here
DIVISION OF RESPONSIBILITIES: PART TIME SERVICE TECHNICIAN
|REPORTS TO: Store Manager||CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY (≤ 25 HOURS/W)|
|LOCATION(s): NYC / Madison, NJ / Summit, NJ / Livingston, NJ||COMP RANGE: UNDISCLOSED|
The Service Technician’s primary responsibilities include assembling, tuning, and maintaining bikes for clients and sales floor. Service Technicians work with riders to identify and locate items needed to solve the riders’ issues and keep their bicycles in top riding condition. All Service Technicians are expected to maintain a professional attitude, empathy, sincerity, and enthusiasm at the forefront of their personalities, thus reflecting Hb’s commitment to our riders. Additionally, all staff should be constantly developing product knowledge by completing all supplier training, reading current technical bulletins, and pertinent B2B information in order to effectively communicate it to the rider. The Service Technician’s job is very important, as we depend on well serviced bicycles to make the customers’ experience in our store the best experience imaginable.
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner; providing “wow” customer service.
- Responsible for properly taking in all service work including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling an appropriate amount of repairs and completing those repairs within a 48 hour turnaround time frame.
- Advises and assists customers with their product/service selection without bias.
- Communicates with bike service manager repair and warranty part needs.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and expertise of all merchandise in department to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced.
- Assists with bike sales and any other bike floor duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the bike shop manager.
- Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking questions and listening to riders’ needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the rider to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of the specialist and the purchase
- Deliver best in class rider-service that ensures ongoing service and high levels of rider satisfaction
- General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light janitorial duty
- Use company literature/resources and available training to stay current on technical features
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching.
- The employee should be able to lift at least 50lbs or more and use proper lifting skills.
Here at Hilltop Bicycles, we believe that bikes change lives. We believe that we are changing the world, one bicycle and one rider at a time. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people more people on bikes. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you’re ready to make a difference, please apply!
Hilltop Bicycles is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hilltop Bicycles is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.