Retail Store Manager
Send resume, with references and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manage the staff and the location with an owner operator mindset, focused on being the local face of the Hilltop Bicycles brand. Grow the local market for family, road, MTB, gravel & eBike categories by building a robust community of stoked cycling fans in greater NJ area. Drive commercial viability of the location.
Hilltop Bicycles welcomes riders of all experience and skill levels. Successful candidates will develop, support, and expand the family, road, mountain biking, gravel & curious eBikers (path, road, & mountain) community in Madison or Livingston, NJ. Be the liaison between Hilltop Bicycles, and the brands we represent, with the communities we serve.
Manage the team to ensure a positive experience for every rider. Create & maintain a local marketing plan that engages brand level activations and increases awareness of Hilltop Bicycles in the local market. Leading by example. This means not being afraid of getting your hands dirty, literally. Managers at Hb help with sales and mechanical work when needed. This isn’t a desk job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commercial viability
- Owns the growth of the retail store: finds new riders, develops new channels of awareness, drives the area’s cycling community into the retail center.
- Owns the budgeting and management of the location to ensure commercial viability & goals are reached (sales attribution and direct revenue)
- Quickly and positively adapts to the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Owns the development of creative ways to improve the rider interaction and conversion metrics.
- Drives ‘organic’ sales by managing a relentless marketing campaign to local riders.
- Works with the Hb and supplier marketing teams to evolve and innovate rider awareness of the location and services.
- Implement and provide feedback on all retail marketing activations
- Supports local brand marketing activations and strategy
- Owns the development of the internal space to effectively communicate brand messages based on rider interactions with specialized technologies.
- Become a product expert and maintain current relevant stories in your display space
- People Management
- Attract and inspire great talent. Make this space the destination to start and build a career in the bike industry
- Manages the staff at location to deliver the best Hilltop Bicycles experience possible
- Help service to manage the work required to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Work closely with other store managers and warehouse towards common goals
- Culture and Community
- Engage with local and regional advocacy groups
- Be the face of the Hilltop Bicycles in public forums
- Ensure that all riders are left with a feeling of awesomeness and stoke about Hb.
- Grow and maintain local riding community
- Build and manage positive, supportive relationships with our Cycling Club
- Daily operations
- Visual Merchandising
- POS management
- Demo system management
- Rider communication
- Focus on the Rider (consumer centric approach)
- Detail orientated
- Inspires people
- Leader with insightful and compelling vision
Qualifications & experience:
- 3 years of outdoor or bicycle retail (preferred)
- Leadership role in a retail environment
- Locally, or nationally connected to the riding scene on a fundamental level
- Corporate B2B sales experience is a benefit
- Must hold a valid, clean driving license
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 401k company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision allowance
- Paid Vacation
- Store discounts on bicycles and accessories
Here at Hilltop Bicycles, we believe that bikes change lives. We believe that we are changing the world, one bicycle and one rider at a time. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people more people on bikes. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you’re ready to make a difference, please apply!
Hilltop Bicycles is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hilltop Bicycles is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.